Kawarau Falls Bridge
Hadleys were involved with the replacement of the one lane Kawarau Falls Bridge, located on SH6 at Frankton. The previous bridge causes traffic delays during peak periods and was costly to maintain. The new bridge is a new two lane, two way bridge downstream of the previous one. Hadleys were a member of the design-build project team and involved in the following areas;
- Pre and post construction condition assessments of the existing bridge and nearby dwellings,
- Civil design including pavement and surfacing, road layout and geometrics, safety barriers, utility upgrades and relocations, drainage and stormwater,
- Design of large diameter trunk water and wastewater reticulation and various connections for QLDC for new services through the site to allow network extension to Hanley Downs and future growth in Kelvin Heights,
- Value engineering of the QLDC reticulation,
- Options assessment, design and documentation of various sections of Shared Use Path.
- Civil and structural construction monitoring
This was a significant, multi-year project that involved collaboration with a number of other parties on a challenging site to achieve the final result.