Senior Structural Engineers and Senior Civil Engineers / Project Managers
Hadley Consultants is an award winning boutique consultancy who have a reputation for providing cost effective, practical and design focussed solutions to civil and structural projects. We believe in skilled people, not lots of people. We specialise in ensuring value not just by working smart on the engineering elements of projects, but by delivering it the right way.
Senior Structural Engineers
Due to increasing workload we are now looking to find an experienced senior structural engineer to come and assist our team and take a lead in delivering key projects.
You will be reporting to our Structural Manager, Andrew Morris. The scale of projects goes up to $20M and on a day to day basis you will commonly run or assist on projects worth $1-10M.
You will be exposed to a variety of project activities – this could see you involved in all aspects of the structural design of high end residential homes, unique adventure tourism structures, commercial and industrial buildings, through to construction monitoring, earthquake assessment and strengthening work and the opportunity to be involved in peer review work and the structural elements of civil projects including advanced pipeline analysis.
We are after;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills,
- Thorough knowledge of NZ structural design standards including NZS1170 and relevant material codes,
- The ability to build excellent rapport with architects, other engineers, sub-contractors and local authorities,
- Understanding of the practical application and design of concrete, timber and steel structures,
- At least five years’ experience gained in New Zealand in structural engineering.
Senior Civil Engineers / Project Managers
Due to increasing workload we are looking to find an experienced Senior Civil Engineer or Project Manager to assist our team and play a key role in the delivery of some diverse infrastructure projects in the lower South Island.
The scale of projects ranges up to $20M and on a day to day basis you will commonly run or assist on projects worth $1-10M. Clients include local Councils, private developers and large tourism companies who operate some of New Zealand’s most iconic attractions.
We are after;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills along with a true focus on delivery,
- Thorough knowledge of NZ design standards including NZS4404 and relevant codes of practice,
- The ability to build excellent rapport with clients, other engineers, civil contractors and local authorities,
- Experience in administering construction contracts as an Engineers Representative or Engineer to the Contract,
- Experience or an understanding of managing or taking projects from resource consent phase through to completion of construction,
- At least five years’ experience gained in New Zealand in civil engineering.
For Both Roles
Hadley’s can offer in return a market rated salary and performance related bonus. We also offer staff benefits like a full season skipass, professional membership fees and mobile phone – for the right person we may also be able to contribute towards relocation costs to Queenstown.
Our office is well located in central Queenstown and our staff all have pretty active lifestyles so we cater for early morning runs to the ski field during winter and biking and other activities most of the year round.
We are a family friendly firm and we are keen when possible to offer a work / life balance.
To apply or find out more, contact us in confidence;
Hadley Consultants Ltd
PO Box 1356